[c-nsp] PIX OSPF redistribution question

Steve Snodgrass ssnodgra at pheran.com
Fri Sep 15 12:00:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 10:39:45AM -0500, Brian Johnson wrote:
> We use NAT and are using a total of 4 interfaces (including the outside
> interface) off of the pix cluster. The outside and one of the other
> interfaces use public IP address space, but the other interfaces are
> using private space that I do not want to redistribute into OSPF. I also
> have several router statically in the system that I do not want
> re-distributed.
>
> I am only going to run OSPF on the outside interface and am looking for
> a way to distribute the one other public network interface into OSPF
> without exposing any other networks.

Unless I'm missing something here, this is no problem at all.  Just include
the 2 interfaces you want in OSPF in the IP ranges for your network
statements and don't include the others.  Make the one that isn't actually
speaking to neighbors passive and you are set.

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."  -Sister Hazel