[c-nsp] Administrating Catalyst 4000, WS-C3550-48-SMI and WS-C3548-XL-EN through web interface

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Sep 20 17:25:21 EDT 2006

> So my questions is since the Catalyst 4000 series switches
> are using CatOS, I can confirm that no web interface
> administration is supported.

Actually there is a CiscoView WUI for the Cat4K (CatOS). Look
for the cat4000-cv images.

> But what about the C3550 and C3548 series switches. Which
> release of IOS version on these switches support web
> administration?

I can't remember any version that doesn't. Look for the -tar
images, i.e. the one that are called "with web based dev mgr"
for the 3550 and "and CMS files" for the 3500 XL.

> The other solution I can think offhand will be implementing
> CiscoWorks.

There's also CNA (Cisco Network Assistant), which is a free
web-based administration tool. See www.cisco.com/go/cna. One
big caveat for you, though: It doesn't support C4K with CatOS.

-A