[c-nsp] radius-server directed-request command

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Wed Sep 20 18:41:09 EDT 2006

Does anyone know why when I remove "radius-server directed-request"
nobody can authenticate on our 7206VXR for DSL?

Basically, what has started this whole issue is that our 7206VXR seems
to be stripping the domain when talking to Radius. We used to have the
radius-server domain-stripping command enabled and have removed it.  But
on our Cistron radius server, we still see the username without the
domain....

When I remove the "radius-server directed-request" the Radius server
sees the full username at domain but nobody can authenticate.... Before
anyone thinks it's the radius server (or at least I don't think so),
it's currently authenticating full logins for other services with no
problem and the same domain name...

Just looking for ideas..;)

Paul