[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Lincoln Dale (ltd) ltd at cisco.com
Wed Sep 20 18:52:27 EDT 2006

> >> PS: Do you know how this works on the 4500 platform?
>
> > as far as I am aware, cat4500 doesn't support WCCP except in
> > software. although I may be 100% wrong on this one.
>
> Well at least the config guide for WCCP on the C4K says that the
> switches provide hardware acceleration for directly connected
> Content Engines, and goes on to say that you must configure the
> caches to do load balancing based on the mask assignment table.
>
> That, of cause, could just be a cut-and-paste error from the C6K
> docs ;-)

heh, well, you learn something every day!

actually, I'm not so sure.  I just logged into a cat4507R here running
12.2(25)EWA1.  (not 12.2S but...).
there isn't any "ip wccp" configure command, let alone any "show fm
wccp" type command that would show the feature being programmed into a
TCAM.

so - I still think its likely specific to cat6k only.

cheers,

lincoln.