[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Steven Wilton steven.wilton at team.eftel.com.au
Thu Sep 21 00:34:13 EDT 2006

I've just comitted a working mask assignment implementation to the squid 2.6 branch.  This was mainly made possible with help from Adrian in getting some wccp packet dumps from a Cisco cache engine.   Any squid release from squid-2.6.STABLE3-20060921 onwards should contain this code.

We did run into a slight problem because we were running WCCP services on traffic going out an interface (ie "ip wccp <service> redirect out").  The 7600 can only push the WCCP traffic through the fast switching path for wccp services that are defined for traffic coming "in" an interface.

Squid has had a couple of major improvements recently that allow it to scale much better than it could before (epoll and COSS are a couple that have made a big difference for us).

cheers

Steven