[c-nsp] 10G and carrier delay

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Sep 27 05:05:46 EDT 2006

On (2006-09-27 10:43 +0200), hjan wrote:

> I have many OC48 POS installed on GSR and 7600 and all run with
> "carrier-delay msec 2",
> now i'm upgrading some part of the backbone with TenGE and i leave the same
> conf in many part.

I have both also OC48 POS in GSR and 10GE XENPAK in 7600 (DWDM,LR,ZR),
so far no issues, GSR's have been running with carrier-delay 0 over year,
7600 not that long, so I guess I should start to expect some problems.
Or perhaps our DWDM system just has carrier-delay msec 0 friendly transceivers

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti