[c-nsp] Software forced crash on 2651XM/12.3(6e)

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:20:00 EDT 2006

On 27/09/06, Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org> wrote:
> My advice to people has been to run the latest version of 12.2, or 12.3
> if your hardware/feature requirements dictate, or 12.4 if your
> requirements dictate, or 12.4T as a last resort.

Because some of us have these crazy things called 'quality control'
and 'stability requirements' that means we can't just insert code into
production platforms willy-nilly when we feel like it.

We upgrade all of our Cisco platforms once or twice a year depending
on the criticality of the device. This device hasn't been upgraded for
a year or so, and at the time 12.3(6) was a very reasonable choice.

Ras