[c-nsp] Showing alternate BGP paths

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Wed Sep 27 22:06:55 EDT 2006

Hi guys,
            Sorry for the late reply as I was away. Thanks for your feedback. As mentioned, we do use RR for our iBGP on 2 internal core switch (Layer 3) to save processing power on the other peer routers. They are the centralized processing core (hub & spoke) with all the border and internal routers. My questions are:

- If i change the setup to a fully meshed iBGP network (minus RR), is there a way to see alternative paths with lower
  local preference as well with "sh ip bgp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"?
- As we know eBGP routes are more prefered to iBGP routes, which explains why the internal one is also not shown
  as an alternative path unless the eBGP routes are down. Anyway to view iBGP routes as well other than through its
  directly connected node?

Thanks again.

Kana