[c-nsp] mpls traffic-eng reoptimize timers frequency

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sun Apr 1 23:27:51 EDT 2007

Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com <> wrote on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:58 PM:

> Do you have comments regarding this command?
> (advantages, disadvantages, CPU impact, traffic impact, bugs)

well, by default, a headend will try to reoptimize a tunnel ever hour,
so this is always active. Not knowing more about the problem you're
trying to solve (and which setting you have in mind), it's difficult to
talk about advantages/disadvantages.

Traffic impact is zero (the headend switches to the new path once it is
setup in a make-before-break fashion), CPU should be minimal (a CSPF and
some RSVP activity), and I feel the default is fine, you don't want your
tunnels (and traffic) to shift too frequently..

	oli