[c-nsp] Cisco 2800 - WIC T1-DSU V2

Nathan Buck nbuck at chattanooga.net
Mon Apr 9 11:01:51 EDT 2007

Recently we have had issues surfing the internet and to rule out the 2801 we decided to replace the 2801 with our spare 2801 and spare WIC. The only difference is the IOS version is newer. The old and new WIC cards have been tested in other routers and other locations and work perfectly fine. I have even tested upgrading the original router to the same version of IOS and get the same results. To me this points to the T1 provider but what changed in the IOS to make the T1 stop working?

Has anyone ever seen a WIC card be recognized and configurable in a router after an IOS upgrade but fail to be up/up?

original working IOS = c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.123-14.T7.bin

upgraded IOS = c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-7.bin

also tried IOS = c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12.bin