[c-nsp] 5500 rxpause counters

Jeff Crowe listacct at genhex.net
Mon Apr 9 10:22:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a 5500 switch that occasionally throws the following error:

%SYS-4-PORT_WARN:Port 8/10 dmaTxFull (14049706) dmaRetry (0)
dmaLevel2Request (0)

Cisco tells me that is is most likely a duplex mis-match and to set the port
maunally. The port is already hard coded for 100/full. I am not getting any
collisions or any other errors, except the RxPause counters keep increasing.

This port is trunked with 2 vlans allowed.  It faces another switch that is
not in our control (peering partners switch).  Could the vtp be causing
these problems?  (I have included the show trunk 8/10) that shows vtp
mis-match)

> show port 8/10
Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ -----
------------
 8/10 Vlans_to_Nexicom   connected  trunk      normal   full   100
10/100BaseTX

Port  AuxiliaryVlan AuxVlan-Status
----- ------------- --------------
 8/10 none          none

Port  Security Violation Shutdown-Time Age-Time Max-Addr Trap     IfIndex
----- -------- --------- ------------- -------- -------- -------- -------
 8/10 disabled  shutdown             0        0        1 disabled     115

Port  Num-Addr Secure-Src-Addr   Age-Left Last-Src-Addr
Shutdown/Time-Left
----- -------- ----------------- -------- -----------------
------------------
 8/10        0                 -        -                 -        -
-

Port     Broadcast-Limit Broadcast-Drop
-------- --------------- --------------
 8/10                  -              0

Port  Send FlowControl  Receive FlowControl   RxPause    TxPause
Unsupported
      admin    oper     admin     oper                              opcodes
----- -------- -------- --------- ---------   ---------- ----------
-----------
 8/10 off      off      on        on          622085098  0          0

Port  Status     Channel              Admin Ch
                 Mode                 Group Id
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----
 8/10 connected  auto silent            162     0

Port  Align-Err  FCS-Err    Xmit-Err   Rcv-Err    UnderSize
----- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------
 8/10          0          0          0          0         0

Port  Single-Col Multi-Coll Late-Coll  Excess-Col Carri-Sen Runts     Giants
----- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------- ---------
---------
 8/10          0          0          0          0         0         0
-

Last-Time-Cleared
--------------------------
Mon Feb 13 2006, 18:34:08

> show trunk 8/10
* - indicates vtp domain mismatch
Port      Mode         Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan
--------  -----------  -------------  ------------  -----------
 8/10     on           dot1q          trunking*     1

Port      Vlans allowed on trunk
--------
 8/10     106,971

Port      Vlans allowed and active in management domain
--------
 8/10     106,971

Port      Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
--------
 8/10     106,971

Thanks,
Jeff.