[c-nsp] Mapping Between IP Precedence and MPLS EXP

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Apr 10 06:43:47 EDT 2007

Alaerte Vidali <> wrote on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:22 PM:

> Do you know if any specific IOS version does not map Prec to EXP
> automatically when traffic enters PE as IP packet and exit as labeled
> packet?
>
> I have seen some books maping IP Prec to EXP manually and this made
> me wonder if this is purely didatic or there is IOSs that needs it.

I haven't come across a case where a manual mapping was required, the PE
automatically sets the EXP bits accordingly (TOS reflection)..

There are DiffServ tunneling modes where you want/need to alter the
default behavior. See
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature
_guide09186a0080110bd5.html#wp1131096> for addtl. info..

	oli