[c-nsp] Circuit provisioning between an ONS 15454 and a non-Cisco NE?

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:37:55 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm looking to provision circuits between two or more ONS15454s - CTC
makes this insanely easy between Cisco NEs, however, the catch here is
that I'd like to also be able to provision circuits to non-Cisco NEs
and even test gear...

So far my CCO searches haven't turned up a how-to (what search phrase
would one use for this exactly?).

I'm hoping somebody more familiar with daily ONS Ops will be able to
point me to a how-to on configuring cross-connects to allow circuit
termination on non-Cisco Kit...  The current case In particular is to
provision a STS-3-7v VCG from one ONS's CE-1000-4, across a second ONS
and finally terminate it on an Anritsu MP1590B...  (and if there were
some way to do this without having to re-familiarize myself with TL1,
that would be even better...)

(ce-1000-4)[ONS](oc192)-----(oc192)[ONS](oc48)-----(oc48)[MP1590B]

Any pointers?

Thanks,