[c-nsp] 6500 hybrid - native conversion crashes

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Apr 16 01:40:59 EDT 2007

"Church, Charles" wrote:

> 00:00:49: %C6K_PLATFORM-SP-5-MISMATCH: 'sup-bootflash' device
> programming algori thm mismatch detected on SP (module: 1),
>formatting is recommended.
>
> I guess I should probably just do it to be safe...

 As Sukumar already told you, it's not absolutely necessary. My
 experience tells me that the system boots way faster if the flash is
 reformatted and IOS image is then stored on the newly formatted flash.
 Also, the conversion procedure becomes quicker (shortens the booting
 phase lot), if you've got a CF card (or a PC card) on which the IOS
 image has been stored by a box running native IOS.

 Cheers,

--
- Matti -