[c-nsp] Best Practice for ISP (Rebooting the switch)

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Mon Apr 16 22:18:32 EDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Affandi Indraji wrote:

> I would like to know, is there any white paper or some written
> evidence
> saying that half yearly/yearly/whatever it is maintenance is good
> for the
> health of the equipment?

Unless there're indications of memory fragmentation, there should be
no need to reboot equipment outside of normal maintenance activities
which require a reboot, such as upgrading software images.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

         Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                       -- Duong Van Ngo