[c-nsp] sh Queue output ?

hjan hjan at libero.it
Sun Apr 22 03:09:01 EDT 2007

Azher Amin ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2Mb serial link with the main provider. However when i issue
> the following command, it says 'Available Bandwidth 1536 kilobits/sec'.
> Can some one plz explain why it is this behavior?

By default CBWFQ use 75% of interface bandwidth.
You can tune this behaviour with max-reserved-bandwidth 100 command on
interface.
>From Cisco site:
"However, the total amount of bandwidth allocated for all classes
included in a policy map must not exceed 75 percent of the available
bandwidth on the interface. The other 25 percent is used for control and
routing traffic. (To override the 75 percent limitation, use the
max-reserved bandwidth command.) If not all of the bandwidth is
allocated, the remaining bandwidth is proportionally allocated among the
classes, based on their configured bandwidth."

Regards,
Gianluca