[c-nsp] MSFC2 can't see Sup2 sup-slot0:

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Wed Apr 25 19:03:56 EDT 2007

Have people run into this before?  Either I'm doing something really
stoopid, or my Googling skills are lacking... Or else it just doesn't
happen often...

I have a 6509 with a Sup2.  i'm trying to convert from hybrid mode to
native IOS mode.  All seems pretty much OK, except for a couple of things.

First, the Sup2 seems to prefer if you call the PCMCIA Flash "disk0:", not
"slot0:", like all the documenation suggests.  I can deal with this...

Second, my MSFC2 just won't see the Sup2's PCMCIA Flash or Sup2's
bootflash, which as far as I can tell, should be addressable by
"sup-slot0:" and "sup-bootflash:", respectively.

The MSFC2 is currently running the MSFC2 ver of 12.1(8b)E20.
The Sup2 is running CatOS 8.8-4-1.

I'm trying to get IOS 121-19.E1 on the things.  I get it onto the Sup2
disk0: (or slot0:...whatever), put the sup2 into rommon mode, and boot it,
but then when I get into the msfc2 rommon mode, i can't read the blasted
slot.

Many thanks for a tip to get me past this simple step...

Thanks,

Rick Kunkel