[c-nsp] 7600/6500 Power Supplies

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Thu Apr 26 19:04:27 EDT 2007

Can someone give me a quick real world lesson on power supplies for the
7600/6500's?

Looking at Cisco's site it seems that most of the AC supplies will run
on 110 or 220 volts, with the capacity being halved at 110V.

I'm planning on using a 7606 with a Sup720-3BXL, with maybe a couple
line-cards to start. I won't be doing any POE and probably never will at
this location. I'd like to do redundant supplies.

What capacity power supplies should I be looking at? Can I reasonably
stay at 110V, since it's a lot easier to get in most colo facilities? Is
there a could rule of thumb for figuring this out?

Thanks.
--
matt