[c-nsp] Hostname in NTP configuration instead of IP?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sat Apr 28 19:09:41 EDT 2007

Frank Bulk wrote:
> Fair enough.....so what I'm hearing you say is that each NSP should operate
> their own NTP servers for internal use, and their customers should do
> likewise.  And the NSP might make their own NTP servers available to their
> smaller customers who may not (or be able to, because of 'expertise')
> operate their own.

Well yes, if you're a NSP, you should be running your own time server
and not slaving all of your network gear off public facing NTP servers.
  That may be my opinion, but running your own NTP server locally
actually results in greater stability and probably better accuracy
rather than depending on some unknown public time source.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Hackers have kernel knowledge.