[c-nsp] FWSM copy between partitions cf:4 and cf:5

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Thu Aug 2 09:46:11 EDT 2007

New user of FWSM  running and just upgraded code from 3.1 to 3.2 with
single context.

I would like to use the *cf:5* partition as a backup and need to move
the new 3.2 application code , maintenance code and config into the
partition so when I do change the boot device to *cf:5* it will come up
as functional system.

 NOTE: I am assuming this it what you have to do to have a back up
partition.

When I am running from the *cf:4 partition (default)*, I see that all
the files (image ADSM and config ) show up under the *flash:/*.*

*I also copied these files to the* disk: *which shows up as separate
device.  I thought that the *disk:* might be common to both *cf:4 and
cf:5* partitions and I could copy the files from there.

I could first boot from the *cf:5* partition and then move the files
from the *disk:*, but then I would have to boot again to use the new image.

Thanks for any ideas on this issue.

Jeff  Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton UNiversity