[c-nsp] nat issue......

p razor at meganet.net
Thu Aug 2 20:29:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a cisco 7200 that's terminating a bunch of DSL customers.
These customers are on 10.100.x.x/22 space. I'm doing all nat on the router,
ip nat inside on the atm interfaces and ip nat outside on my gateway fast0.

The problem is from the outside the router I can't get to the 10.100.x.x
space. When I ping the 10.100.x.x ips I get a reply from one of the nat pool
ips, because the packet coming back to me triggers nat as it passed ip nat
inside/ip nat outside. ( so I think! )

I installed another fast ethernet, lets say 1.1.1.2, without a nat outside
statement and I added a static host route to my workstation,
workstation 2.2.2.2/32 to 1.1.1.1 (other side of fast2).

In doing this I was thinking that the packets would be coming in on the
default interface fast0 and coming out on fast2 (no nat statement) but this
doesn't seem to be the case. I also loose connectivity to fast0, can't ping
etc, when I add my workstations host route.

Basically I'm trying to manage the DSL nat block without it triggering the
Nat statements when it comes back to me.

TIA, P.A