[c-nsp] VPLS over Tunnels

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl
Wed Aug 8 09:47:48 EDT 2007

Hi Alaerte,

To make it work you should configure a pw-class with
"preferred-path TunnelX" and then to bind it to a particular neighbour
ie  "neighbor 2.2.2.2 pw-class XXX"

Another thing to know is that since 12.2SR BGP based VPLS Autodiscovery is
supported which makes config a lot simpler.

VPLS Autodiscovery enables each Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) provider
edge (PE) router to discover which other PE routers are part of the same
VPLS domain. VPLS Autodiscovery also automatically detects when PE routers
are added to or removed from the VPLS domain. You no longer need to manually
configure the VPLS and maintain the configuration when a PE router is added
or deleted. VPLS Autodiscovery uses the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) to
discover the VPLS members and to set up and tear down pseudowires in the
VPLS.

Regards,
Jeff