[c-nsp] protecting cisco switches

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Fri Aug 31 16:27:24 EDT 2007

On Aug 31, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Mark Messier wrote:

> What can I do on the cisco switches to protect them
> and yet still leave them functional enough to achieve
> the desired redundancy?

There are various layer-2 features such as Loop Guard (sounds most
relevant to this particular issue), Root Guard, BPDU Guard, and
Spantree Portfast which are recommended BCPs for Cisco switches.  A
quick search on cisco.com for those phrases should find the relevant
docs; if you've difficulty locating them, ping me 1:1 and I'll go dig
out the URLs.

I hope this helps!

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	   I don't sound like nobody.