[c-nsp] protecting cisco switches

Mark Messier mark at messier.com
Fri Aug 31 21:31:37 EDT 2007

 > There are various layer-2 features such as Loop Guard (sounds most
 >  relevant to this particular issue), Root Guard, BPDU Guard, and
 >  Spantree Portfast which are recommended BCPs for Cisco switches.

I read about "spanning-tree loopguard".   I can't tell if this
is in the "yeah, do it, everyone does" category... that is, if
cisco support really wished it was the default on the switches.

I also can't tell what the downsides are.   I don't have a lab,
I just have operational switches.  I don't want to get surprised.

Thanks,
-mark