[c-nsp] Question about "show sdm prefer" command output on Cat3560G

Mark Dauven d_mark at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 02:44:16 EST 2007

Peter Rathlev wrote:
> I hope you did this in a lab or something similar. :-) The "desktop
> vlan" is not intended for routing, as in "show sdm prefer vlan | incl
> unicast IPv4" gives you a clear "0". The 3550 simply wouldn't allow any
> routing with that template. The 3560 appears to process switch instead
> then. But why change the SDM template away from the "desktop access"
> default setting in the first place?

Unfortunately not. :-( I know that this profile is not intended for
routing. It was set to "desktop vlan" because someone else - who
normally configures our layer2 devices - had done the first
configuration. And I just had forgotten about this setting (By the way
why doesn't the sdm setting shows up in den running-configuration?)
while doing the final configuration and putting the device in service.

Regards
Mark