[c-nsp] Cisco 3400 ME switch with DC power

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:27:33 EST 2007

hi Randy,
because the switches will be located in POPs with less than good AC power
and cooling DC was the better option.
By the way the DC version has also a higher MTBF.
I only found it strange that Cisco has not provisioned a power supply for it
like for other devices.

Raymond

On Dec 5, 2007 6:17 PM, Rooney, Randy <Randy.Rooney at integratelecom.com>
wrote:

> Why not buy the AC version?
>
> Cisco ME 3400-24TS AC with 24 Ethernet 10/100 ports, two SFP uplinks,
> and an AC power supply (part number ME-3400-24TS-A)
>
> Randy

Raymond Macharia