[c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes

Daniel Faubel daniel at net2ez.com
Fri Dec 14 15:52:10 EST 2007

Maybe I am asking the question in the wrong way.

In a Foundry router when I type in this:
sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes

I get this very near the top:
Status A:AGGREGATE B:BEST b:NOT-INSTALLED-BEST C:CONFED_EBGP D:DAMPED
       E:EBGP H:HISTORY I:IBGP L:LOCAL M:MULTIPATH S:SUPPRESSED
F:FILTERED

Filtered being what I have filtered based off of prefix or as-path
lists.

On the Cisco I type in this:
sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes

And get this near the top:
Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i -
internal,
              r RIB-failure, S Stale
Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete

I understand how to view the routes I am getting from the peer. How do I
view the filtered/blocked/denied routes?

Thanks again for your help,
Daniel Faubel