[c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Dec 14 15:04:08 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 10:55 -0800, Daniel Faubel wrote:
> I have a very quick question for you guys. I have prefix and filter
>  lists on my BGP peers. Using Foundry gear I am able to very quickly
>  see what routes I am not accepting from my peers by typing in:
>
> "sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes | inc EF"
>
> How is this done using Cisco gear?

As Robert writes, you can do it with the completely similar command:
"show ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes". Just remember that
you have to enable inbound soft reconfiguration ("neighbor IP_ADDRESS
soft-reconfiguration inbound"). Beware that this makes your router store
a copy of all the prefixes received from this neighbor, and that may use
a lot of memory.

Regards,
Peter Rathlev