[c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes

Steve Bertrand cisco at ibctech.ca
Sat Dec 15 09:40:07 EST 2007

Peter Rathlev wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:30 -0800, Daniel Faubel wrote:
>> Thanks for your help. It looks like Cisco can't do what I want.
>>
>> In Foundry, if I wanted to look at what routes are being filtered from a
>> BGP peer I just have to do this.
> <snip>
>
> AFAIK you can't just have the Cisco router show the filtered routes. You
> can show the received routes ("show ... nei <IP> received-routes") and
> the installed routes ("show ... nei <IP> routes") and then compare the
> two lists, but no shortcut. :-|

AFAIR, this is because the BGP updates are filtered after they are
received, so ALL prefixes accepted before filtering from a neighbor are
displayed in the ...received-routes.

As Peter said, the only way to do what you want is by comparing received
to installed. (Which is kind of unfortunate).

Steve