[c-nsp] access-list performance impact

Julien Couturier Julien.Couturier at telindus.fr
Wed Dec 19 06:31:24 EST 2007

Many ACL entries are supported in Hw on Cat6k. These entries can be configured without performance penalty.
Some others require Sw handling.

For detailed information on how ACL processing works on Cat6k (Hw or Sw processing, algo, etc.), check :
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper09186a00800c9470.shtml

Julien.