[c-nsp] TFTP server for LWAPP to Autonomous downgrade

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 15:49:54 EST 2007

Hello

I inadvertently 'ugpraded' an Aironet 1231 to an Lightweight image, and need to
download it back to autonomous.

Documentation on CCO says to press the RESET button whilst booting until the
middle light glows red - after that, the AP will set its IP address to 10.0.0.1
and request tftp://255.255.255.255/<filename>.

This works fine, my TFTP server (10.0.0.2, temporary address) responds to the
TFTP GET request, but the AP fails to download the image, timing out very quickly.

Has anyone else successfully 'downgraded' from Lightweight to Autonomous (IOS)
image?  Can anyone guide me to getting my IOS functionality back?

Peter

--
Peter Hicks | e: my.name at poggs.co.uk | g: 0xE7C839F4 | w: www.poggs.com

   A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation