[c-nsp] TFTP server for LWAPP to Autonomous downgrade

Michael Kaegler Michael.Kaegler at marist.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:38:21 EST 2007

Did you get the images filename correct (it should be something like
c1200-k9w7-tar.default)?
Is it the correct image (a 1231 should have a c1200 image I believe)?
Is the image in the tftp root?
Does the tftp server have permission to read the file?
Is it possible the tftp server and AP are not in the same broadcast
domain (use a crossover cable)?
-porkchop

At 8:49 PM +0000 2/1/07, Peter Hicks wrote:
>Hello
>
>I inadvertently 'ugpraded' an Aironet 1231 to an Lightweight image,
>and need to
>download it back to autonomous.
>
>Documentation on CCO says to press the RESET button whilst booting until the
>middle light glows red - after that, the AP will set its IP address
>to 10.0.0.1
>and request tftp://255.255.255.255/<filename>.
>
>This works fine, my TFTP server (10.0.0.2, temporary address) responds to the
>TFTP GET request, but the AP fails to download the image, timing out
>very quickly.
>
>Has anyone else successfully 'downgraded' from Lightweight to Autonomous (IOS)
>image?  Can anyone guide me to getting my IOS functionality back?
>

>Peter
>
>--
>Peter Hicks | e: my.name at poggs.co.uk | g: 0xE7C839F4 | w: www.poggs.com
>
>    A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation
>    Q: Why is top-posting bad?

  Michael "Porkchop" Kaegler, Network Analyst, 845 575 3061
  Marist College,  3399 North Road,  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601