[c-nsp] Sup720-3BXL code

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Feb 2 00:12:51 EST 2007

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
>> Cisco says RSP720 just has a faster processor and more memory.
>> Read my lips: "No New Features."
>>

> AFAIK, only the RSP720 will get the session features and it
> does have a new PFC3C which can do things the PFC3B can't.

Thanks for the replies.  I'm hoping that we're not going to end up on
the short end of the stick with the 720-3BXL.  It's a 3 year old Sup
after all.  I'm still going to inquire about a good faith swap with the
RSP720.  We were planning this deployment with Cisco for about 6
months.  Then came negotiations.  We finally received the loaded
chassis' during the last week of the year.  The RSP720 was out before
then and IMHO should have been what was shipped to us.  But I digress.

This thread, and the one from last month about the 2 BUs and where each
chassis is going, has been extremely helpful.  I'd like to see more of them.

Thanks again
 Justin