[c-nsp] MSFC3 input ACL packet-filter performance impact

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Mon Feb 5 16:00:43 EST 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 12:50 PM, barney gumbo wrote:

> Trying to get some ideas before an ACL is slapped on... Basically,
> should I
> be concerned about any performance impact for the MSFC or Sup if I
> put on
> this ACL.

Assuming you've constructed the ACL properly for this platform, you
should see no performance impact, as ACLs are processed in hardware
on the 6500.  Be sure to read this entire document and ensure you
understand its implications for ACL construction and any logging you
plan on doing for ACL hits:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/
products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801609f6.html>

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

           The telephone demands complete participation.

                       -- Marshall McLuhan