[c-nsp] Feature Set Descriptions?

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Tue Feb 6 20:56:57 EST 2007

Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows how to find out what the feature sets
> actually mean.
>

> Etc, etc
>
> I don't know what the difference between IP and IP Base would be. how SP
> Services differ from SERVICE PROVIDER and so on.
>
> Enquiring minds want to know ;-)  Perhaps a link to a description of them
> all or something please?

Adv Enterprise in my experience can normally be considered the ultimate
superset except when contrasted with SP

To actually research this, you need to use the software/feature research
tool on CCO.

In my experience, my best mileage was obtained by first collecting a
list of image file names that I was interested in, plugging them into
the tool, obtaining a list of features, web scraping it into a local
text file and running diff(1) on the resulting files.

The tool also has the ability to contrast features, but offline analysis
can prove more flexible.

The features as listed are in cisco speak, expect to have to do some
research to determine what exactly many of them encompass.

Expect this excercise to take some time, and also expect the tool to
have deficiencies in which software images it will be able to pull up
the feature list. Some projections and guesses will probably be needed
to round it out.