[c-nsp] Feature Set Descriptions?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Feb 6 23:53:19 EST 2007

Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows how to find out what the feature sets
> actually mean.
>
> Example:
>
> IP
> IP BASE
> IP BASE W/O CRYPTO
> IP IPSEC 3DES
> IP IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT
> IP MAP GATEWAY BASE
> SERVICE PROVIDER
> SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT
> SP SERVICES
> ADVANCED IP SERV W/LAWFUL INTERCEPT
> ADVANCED IP SERVICES
> ADVANCED IP SERVICES W/LAWFUL INTERCEPT
>
> Etc, etc
>
> I don't know what the difference between IP and IP Base would be. how SP
> Services differ from SERVICE PROVIDER and so on.
>
> Enquiring minds want to know ;-)  Perhaps a link to a description of them
> all or something please?

With  your CCO check out this tool.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

Click on Compare Features.  It's very handy.

I'd like to see a more detailed overview of the various featuresets too.
That would be handy.  This is a start:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US//products/sw/iosswrel/products_ios_cisco_ios_software_category_home.html

Scroll down to "Cisco IOS Software Reference Guide" and "Cisco IOS
Packaging".  Both links are helpful.

Justin