[c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Feb 7 10:21:25 EST 2007

On (2007-02-07 15:08 +0000), david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Chris .
> Have a look here
>
> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2006-May/030666.html

Thats about NPE225, it's alive and kicking, EOS time frame was just
recently announced. NPE300 otoh is dead as a rock.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/prod_eol_notice0900aecd801bd0f7.html

Last date of support

The last date to receive service and support for the product. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete.

December 32, 2006

> Rgds
> David
>

> Internet
> cparker at starnetusa.net
>
> Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
> 07/02/2007 15:01

> cisco-nsp
> cc
>
> Subject
> [c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?
>

> Due to the recent IOS security warnings, upgrading some routers, and get
> the following on a 'sh ver':
>
> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-P-M), Version 12.0(32)S5, RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc2)
> Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
> Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.
> Compiled Wed 18-Oct-06 15:03 by leccese
> Image text-base: 0x60008F3C, data-base: 0x6169E000
>
> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(19990210:195103) [12.0XE 105],
> DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE
> BOOTLDR: 7200 Software (C7200-BOOT-M), Version 12.0(2)XE2, EARLY
> DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxx uptime is 1 hour, 40 minutes
> System returned to ROM by reload at 13:14:11 UTC Wed Feb 7 2007
> System restarted at 13:15:39 UTC Wed Feb 7 2007
> System image file is "slot0:c7200-p-mz.120-32.S5.bin"
>
> cisco 7206VXR (NPE300) processor with 229376K/65536K bytes of memory.
> Processor board ID 13252387
> R7000 CPU at 262Mhz, Implementation 39, Rev 1.0, 256KB L2 Cache
> 6 slot VXR midplane, Version 2.0

> This Version of Cisco IOS Software is not supported on NPE300.
> Please select a version of Cisco IOS software compatible with
> this processor from http://www.cisco.com.
>
> ----
>
> Since it's quite obviously running, I suspect that it's not quite true.
>
> Anyone have any insight?
>
> -Chris
> --
> Chris Parker
> Director, Engineering
> US LEC Corp.
> Internet Telephony & ISP Operations
>
> (888)212-0099   Fax (847)963-1302
> Wholesale Internet Services     http://www.megapop.net
> VoiceEclipse, The Fresh Alternative http://www.voiceeclipse.com
>
> NOTICE: Message is sent IN CONFIDENCE to addressees. It may contain
> information that is privileged, proprietary or confidential.

> This message and any attachments (the "message") is
> intended solely for the addressees and is confidential.
> If you receive this message in error, please delete it and
> immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with
> its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole
> or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet
> can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
> BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not
> therefore be liable for the message if modified.

> BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
> by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
> Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
> [...]

  ++ytti