[c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Wed Feb 7 10:44:48 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:

> On (2007-02-07 15:08 +0000), david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com
> wrote:
>
>> Chris .
>> Have a look here
>>
>> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2006-May/030666.html
>
> Thats about NPE225, it's alive and kicking, EOS time frame was just
> recently announced. NPE300 otoh is dead as a rock.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/
> prod_eol_notice0900aecd801bd0f7.html
>
> Last date of support
>
> The last date to receive service and support for the product. After
> this date, all support services for the product are unavailable,
> and the product becomes obsolete.

Yeah, the recommended "upgrade" for NPE-300 is NPE-G1.

NPE-G1 is a bit overkill to route a partial DS-3 and 4 T1's though.  :)

The NPE-300 is perfectly capable of handling the load.  It's a shame
that it's
now dead.

If it weren't for the IOS flaw, I had/have no reason to upgrade
them.  :\

-Chris
--
Chris Parker
Director, Engineering

(888)212-0099   Fax (847)963-1302
Wholesale Internet Services     http://www.megapop.net
VoiceEclipse, The Fresh Alternative http://www.voiceeclipse.com

NOTICE: Message is sent IN CONFIDENCE to addressees. It may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary or confidential.