[c-nsp] IP SLA Analysis Software

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed Feb 7 20:52:40 EST 2007

Or try some open source software:
http://www.oneunified.net/blog/OpenSource/Debian/Monitoring/Cricket/index.bl
og

This uses modified genDevConfig files to build Cricket configuration files
containing all the stats possible from a Cisco router/voice-gateway for:
  * T1/PRI quality
  * SLA statistics for loss, jitter, delay, out-of-order, missing-in-action,
etc
  * QoS stats from the Policy-Map/Class-Map interface configurations
  * Dial-peer statistics

The web link describes how to tie all this together on a Debian platform.

With the raw data present, I then typically create web pages with specific
information graphs on them so the customer can easily review and monitor the
important pieces of information as it relates to their network.

I have to rewrite some of the commentary to integrate recent updates, but it
is all there.