[c-nsp] IP SLA Analysis Software

Alex Helbig alexhelbig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 06:54:53 EST 2007

We have been using Cacti to graph the IP SLA stats, but have been
disappointed at the results. It seems that Cacti chooses to graph maximum
jitter values for each polling interval, rather than average jitter values.
So you only ever see the worst case scenario.

I would love to be able to see graphs of average jitter, and/or mean and
standard deviation graphs. I guess I could create these myself.... just
sounds like hard work ;-) Has anyone else been bothered enough by this to
produce the graph templates required and might be happy to share?

Alex.