[c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 9 01:17:33 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gert Doering" <gert at greenie.muc.de>
To: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com>
Cc: "Gert Doering" <gert at greenie.muc.de>; <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:37 AM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?

> I'm pointing out that your argument "Ytti is talking FUD" is zilch,
> if you're comparing 12.2 main line to 12.2S.

I wasn't and neither was anyone else.  Nor was anyone else specifying 12.2S
For
example one of the comments on this thread:

"..I'm just wondering how much longer these NPE300s can be nursed along
before we have to replace them with..."

The line wasn't "these NPE300s running 12.2S can be nursed"

In other words, the implication was a blanket statement that the 256MB NPEs
would
be no good for full BGP.  That is what I'm objecting to.  It never was about
256 NPE's
running such and such a release train would be no good for full BGP, if it
had been
I wouldn't have put the brakes on the favorite pastime here of let's trash
perfectly
good equipment becuase it doesen't work -for me-

Ted