[c-nsp] Per-user QoS/Multilink on Virtual-Access interfaces?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sun Feb 11 04:06:34 EST 2007

Reuben Farrelly <> wrote on Friday, February 09, 2007 3:57 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to set up some form of QoS on our LNS so that we can
> selectively enable QoS for users who require QoS facilities, but not
> globally enable it for all users.  Much to my disappointment it seems
> to be a less than straightforward excercise in IOS configuration.
>
> The users are all DSL users using PPPoATM into a 7200 NPE-G1.  Most
> are coming in as VPDN over IP but some are VPDN over ATM PVCs.
> Currently we have 12.4 mainline on the router which we want to test
> this on but this can be changed if required.  The users are currently
> authenticating via RADIUS.
> [...]

per-user QoS for l2tp users requires "Per-Session QoS" feature in
12.2SB, previous releases (including 12.4 mainline) only support
policing, no queuing of any kind as there was no backpressure mechanism
for those virtual-access interfaces..
Check out the feature documentation at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6566/products_feature_guide09186a0
080610dad.html for more info and config examples..

	oli