[c-nsp] TE config help

mb2 at os.datafx.com.au mb2 at os.datafx.com.au
Sun Feb 11 23:42:50 EST 2007

Quoting mb2 at os.datafx.com.au:

> Hi,
>
> We currently have dual links between our core routers (7206VXRs) -
> Primary being ATM, and secondary being Ethernet - At present, Ethernet
> is only used if ATM fails(This is achieved via OSPF)....we presently
> only have mpls enabled on the ATM links.
>
> We are wanting to make more efficient use of the backup ethernet
> links(As they are expensive)....hoping that TE is the correct(best
> practice) option.
>
> Our current bandwidth is as follows:
>
> ATM - 8Mb Ethernet - 4Mb
>
> Our goal is to (hopefully) have a total of 12Mb bandwidth available for
> use(i.e. Load-share over both the ATM+Ethernet links)......Is FRR
> necessary in what we are wanting to achieve?
>
> Proposed config for one of the Core routers...

Re-send config as line breaks vanished!

mpls traffic-eng tunnels no mpls traffic-eng auto-bw timers frequency 0
tag-switching tdp router-id Loopback0

router ospf 100 mpls traffic-eng router-id Loopback0 mpls traffic-eng area 0

interface FastEthernet2/0 description Point-to-Point Link SYD bandwidth
4000 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.197 255.255.255.252 ip ospf
message-digest-key 10 md5 blah

### Would this still be required? ip ospf cost 100

tag-switching ip tag-switching mtu 1520 service-policy output
TRUNK-TO-SYD mpls traffic-eng tunnels

### Not too sure about this? ip rsvp bandwidth ? ?

interface ATM1/0.100 point-to-point description TRUNK LINK TO SYD
bandwidth 8000 ip address xxx.xxx.yyy.2 255.255.255.252 ip ospf
message-digest-key 10 md5 blah tag-switching ip service-policy output
TRUNK-TO-SYD mpls traffic-eng tunnels

### Not too sure about this? ip rsvp bandwidth ? ?

interface Tunnel2 description primary tunnel2 ERT01-BNE->ERT01-SYD ip
unnumbered Loopback0 no ip directed-broadcast tag-switching ip tunnel
destination xxx.xxx.yyy.248 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng tunnel mpls
traffic-eng autoroute announce tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 7 7

### Not too sure about this? tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth ?

tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 5 dynamic