[c-nsp] Remarking ip precedence of all traffic

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 15 02:51:23 EST 2007

hjan <> wrote on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:43 PM:

> Rodney Dunn ha scritto:
>> It's most likely more cross platform friendly to just do this:
>>

>> policy-map remark-precedence-to-zero
>>  class class-default
>>   set ip precedence 0
>>
>> If there is a situation where class-default isn't honored I'd
>> say your MQC policy below is just as good.
>>
>> rodney
>>
> Thanks Rodney for your reply.
> I've noticed this on one my router:
>
> xxxx-gsr(config-if)#service-policy input remark-precedence-to-zero
> %Policy not supported on interface GigabitEthernet1/1
>
> xxxx-gsr#sh diag 1
[...]
>   L3 Engine: 2 - Backbone OC48 (2.5 Gbps)
>

> Do you think is a IOS release problem, i.e. feature not supported, or
> LC Engine limits ?

it's an Engine2 limitation. Please use PIRC (per-interface rate control,
a subset of CAR) on this interface instead, i.e.

int gig1/x
 rate-limit input 1000000000 200000 400000 conform set-prec-transmit 0
exceed-action drop

the exceed action is a noop, you will never exceed the 1Gbps configured
;-)

	oli