[c-nsp] QoS question

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 21:50:08 EST 2007

Joseph, when congestion is not occuring, bandwidth allocated to the priority
queue will be available for use by other traffic. Be sure your nbar matching
actually does match the particular audio and video you wish to match. I'm
not sure about the Video port numbers used by nbar right off hand, but the
RTP is 16384 to 32767. You might also want to match the traffic on the
ingress with a different class map and use a new policy to set your dscp
values, as opposed to doing it on the egress. I've ran into issues in the
past with order of operations.

HTH

Nick Griffin