[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Church, Chuck cchurch at multimax.com
Wed Feb 21 10:07:42 EST 2007

I guess we should have expected that sooner or later.  One thing I've
been waiting for on the 6500s is object tracking for static routes.  Any
chance this will make it into a 12.2SX release ever?

On the other hand, is there any reason Cisco couldn't release a PROM
update that can turn a 6500 chassis into a 7600, or vice versa?  Even if
there was a charge associated with it (think PIX licensing where an
activation code associated with the serial number is needed), that beats
buying a new chassis.  Just a thought...

Chuck