[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Feb 22 03:41:11 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Saku Ytti wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken 7600+ES20's is more expensive
> that MX960. And there is plenty of competition
> in the latter product range too.
> But I do have to admire Ciscos confidence that
> they can pull this off.
>
> But I guess the situation is a live one, depending
> on how market receives it.

I've already had several discussions with my Cisco rep on this.  While
I can understand some of the technical reasons for pressing ahead with
this course of action, this is only going to confuse and ultimately
alienate some of Cisco's large and loyal 65xx customer base.  Where I
work, we're very heavily invested in 6500 iron and I haven't gotten too
many straight answers yet re: whether or not we're 'backing the wrong
horse'.

jms