[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

gmb gmb256 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 11:04:49 EST 2007

--- Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:22:42AM -0500, Rodney
> Dunn wrote:
> > My understanding is that there will no restriction
> > of running SX on a 76xx chassis.
>
> If I read this correctly:
>
> this means "SXF will continue to work for both, but
> SXG (or whatever
> comes next) will only work for 'pure Cisco Catalyst
> 6500...'".
>

> Whatever: I'm not trusting these folks anymore.

Please note that all this madness is driven by the
7600 team. I wouldn't expect the 6500 folks to put the
same stupid locks into the SX train.

> (Hmmm.  I wonder when the announcement "oh, btw, SRC
> will not run on
> LAN-type interface cards anymore" will come...)

Be prepared for this one too. The 7600 folks just want
to reuse the 40G backplane for building an expensive
router for big carriers and LAN linecards don't have
the features that bellheads require. The 7600's way of
supporting ethernet is called ES20.