[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Feb 21 12:48:10 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 06:15:34PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:04:49AM -0800, gmb wrote:
> > > (Hmmm.  I wonder when the announcement "oh, btw, SRC
> > > will not run on
> > > LAN-type interface cards anymore" will come...)
> >
> > Be prepared for this one too. The 7600 folks just want
> > to reuse the 40G backplane for building an expensive
> > router for big carriers and LAN linecards don't have
> > the features that bellheads require. The 7600's way of
> > supporting ethernet is called ES20.
>
> Maybe one should point out to them that Cisco does already have a
> "big fast router with many features and expensive line cards"...?

	It may also be of value to check on some linecards.  Cisco
seems to be quite possibly stranding some devices as the result
of this split.  I've already told them the linecards/modules that
i'm concerned about.  I hope that the message was sufficently clear
to them so we don't have to make changes in some services..

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net