[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Feb 21 15:47:31 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:58:37PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	the SX* software has no current plans to implement any of these
> silly checks.  If you're happy with SX*, stick with it.  I'd avoid
> buying a 7600 unless there's a compelling technical reason.  it's surely
> not a service provider platform as it has no software modularity.

The absurdity of it is that these are mostly the same platforms, sold at
the same price, and the price of the chassis is SO small compared to the
generic cards that I can't imagine the money means anything to either
business unit. Is anyone in their right mind really going to put up with
forklifting a $9k 6509 chassis for a $9k 7609 chassis that does the same
thing? If 6506 was the same footprint a 7606 there would be no reason to
care about the difference. :)